Delicious raw, Baobab honey in 500g returnable jar.
This honey is an exception in our range since it belongs to the ” Mixed flowers’’ category, meaning that the nectar is collected from multiple varieties of plants and flowers.
The Baobab honey is collected from the flowers of the Baobab tree and Waterlily.
To find consistency in its taste cannot always be guaranteed year after year. The desired flavour will depend on the plants constituting the environment where the bees foraged, and on the area where our Beekeeper Lari, whose objective is to find a consistent taste in the final product, for the sake of fan of the Baobab honey who expect to experience the initial flavour as when they first tried it
Highly prized by our chefs due to its capacity of reducing the acidity of a sauce, baobab honey will take you on a journey through its floral subtlety.
Message from the Beekeeper Lari:
– Despite our efforts to maintain an annual stock, we unfortunately depend on Mother Nature, we apologize in advance
– Honeys are *RAW organic and Monofloral except Baobab which is a subtle mix of the flower of the Baobab and that of a water lily that grows in ponds in the vicinity
– Our honeys are all certified under European Regulation.
– Same for the Monofloral certification via the Palynology Laboratory / Department of Plant Biology and Ecology at the University of Madagascar .
– Our Honey comes from the beekeeper Lari who invest in Madagascar in 2006 jointly with Malagasy Beekeeper.
– The extraction is done in Madagascar; Maturation (Important and sensitive step) and the filling is done in Mauritius, under Lari supervision.
– Our procedures and the follow up of the apiaries and all the steps to the finished products, are under the control of the Mauritius Standard Bureau through the HACCP certification.
– Worldwide Honey Regulation Expiry date is 2 years. As a beekeeper and quality honey offered, we are committed ourselves as this result: Liquid honey 2 years, crystallised for life.
Raw honey should never be given to an infant
less than a year old.