This plastic container can be recycled. Please see the SERVICES page on our site to learn where you can recycle it. Wash thoroughly first.
CITRIC ACID – BULK 5L
What is CITRIC ACID?
100% natural and biodegradable, this FOOD GRADE citric acid is used in natural home maintenance for its powerful anti-limestone properties. It is ideal for decalcify household appliances (kettle, coffee machine, washing machine, etc.), or for removing traces of limestone and making taps, windows, shower screens and ceramic bathroom tiles shine. It is also used in laundry care, to remove rust stains from fabrics, but also to make “homemade” fabric softeners.
Properties + How to use it?
• Powerful decalcifying agent – Diluted in water for decalcify household appliances: kettle, coffee maker, washing machine
• Eliminates traces of limestone and shines taps, bathroom ceramics, and shower screens – Diluted in water to clean and shine surfaces: sinks, showers, and taps.
• Eliminates rust stains on fabrics or objects – Pasted with water to remove rust stains
• To make your “homemade” household products (decalcifying cleaners, etc.)
• To make your “homemade” liquid fabric softeners
To decalcify taps, water reducers, shower heads: dissolve 2 to 5 tablespoons of powder in 1 liter of hot water, rub the parts concerned or let them soak for a fairly long time, then rinse.
To clean ceramic, stainless steel or chrome surfaces and shower walls (glass or plastic): dissolve 2 to 5 tablespoons of powder in 1 liter of hot water, rub the surfaces with this solution, rinse well.
To decalcify the coffee machine: dissolve 1 to 2 tablespoons of powder in 1 liter of cold water, fill the machine with this solution. Pass about a cup, let stand 15 to 30 minutes. Strain the rest and rinse twice with water.
To decalcify the kettle: dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of powder in 1 liter of water, fill the kettle and bring to the boil briefly, leave to act for 30 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with water.
To remove deposits in cups, tea or coffee pots, and vases: pour ½ to 2 tablespoons into the container, cover with boiling water and leave to act for 30 minutes. Rinse.
To clean the bottoms of burnt saucepans or stainless steel frying pans: dissolve 2 tablespoons of powder in 1 cup of water, heat the solution for a few minutes in the burnt saucepan, rinse well.
To decalcify the washing machine: pour 6 to 8 tablespoons into the drum and put on the program at 90 or 95°, without laundry.
To remove rust stains: soak or cover the stains with a solution of powder in a little water. Leave on, then rub lightly and rinse. If that’s not enough, try sprinkling salt after covering the stains with the citric acid solution.
To remove veils of lime, cement or plaster on the tiles after laying: dissolve 3 to 6 tablespoons of powder in 1 liter of water, and rub with this solution. Rinse carefully.
Stores very well in the long term, close the container tightly after use and store away from humidity, heat and light.
– Keep out of reach of children, both citric acid and household products containing it.
– Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Be careful not to spray the product in the eyes when using the product in spray bottles.
– Be careful, some surfaces (marble, stones, etc.) are attacked by citric acid, do a test on a non-visible area beforehand.
– Incompatible with pink oxide and blue oxide in aqueous formulas.
– Dangerous. Respect the precautions for use.
– Causes serious eye irritation.