Calcium carbonate, of natural origin, has been known for a very long time for ecological household cleaning. Thanks to its gentle abrasive power, it can be used to clean, polish and revive all types of surfaces, even the most fragile: ceramics, stainless steel, glass, ceramic hobs, but also marble, pewter/tin, copper, silverware, brass… It is also ideal for making ecological scouring creams. On the decoration side, its white is traditionally used to prepare ecological paints and whitewashes. It is also appreciated by artists as a bulking agent and white pigment in paints and gesso, or in creative hobbies to create ephemeral paintings on windows.
Properties + How to use it?
• Soft abrasive.
• Mix with water to make a paste – For cleaning surfaces and objects. Cleans, revives and shines, without scratching, all types of surfaces, and even fragile ones: stainless steel, glass, ceramics, ceramic hobs, marble, copper, silverware, brass, pewter/tin…
• Cleans and revives silver jewelry
• To make your “home” household products (scouring cream, cleansing stone)
• Bulking agent and white opacifying pigment for paints
Cleaning fragile surfaces (stainless steel, silverware, marble, ceramic hobs, copper, pewter/tin, etc.): mix powder with water until you obtain a creamy consistency. Apply with a damp cloth, rub gently, and then rinse.
Cleaning metals, polishing precious objects (silver jewelry, silverware, copper, brass…): mix powder with water until you obtain a creamy consistency. Apply with a damp cloth, rub gently, and then rinse.
Window paint (Christmas decoration): mix approximately 1 volume of powder 1/2 volume of water to obtain a smooth paste. This paste is spread on the windows using a brush or a sponge (by drawing shapes with stencils for example). This paint is easily removed by rubbing with a damp sponge. The same technique can be used to hide windows during work, for example.
Carefully close the container after each use. Keep in a cool and dry place, away from heat, light and humidity.
– Keep out of reach of children.
– Avoid contact with eyes, do not inhale.