How pet remedy works:
• The valerian absolute and other essential oils used in the pet remedy formula comprise highly
volatile oils, with tiny molecular structures (less than 500 atomic mass units), which makes them
very concentrated, aromatic, and able to cross the blood-brain barrier.
• pet remedy works with the pet’s own natural calming mechanism, GABA (gamma amino butyric acid), which is a natural calming agent present in all mammals, birds, and reptiles.
• So when a pet becomes stressed or anxious pet remedy helps fired-up nerve cells to think they are getting a message from the brain to calm. This is why it starts to help instantly. Explained by Dr. Flo Watt MRCPsych (Consultant Psychiatrist)
• pet remedy is low concentration and is therefore very gentle in its calming effect.
• Valerian absolute oil is obtained by cold extraction from the roots and rhizomes of the plant, Valeriana officinalis, and has been used for centuries as an effective and safe calming agent.
• Known compounds detected in valerian that may contribute to its method of action are:
Sesquiterpenes, Isovaleric acid, Valerenic acid, Valerenal, Valerenol
• We source our absolute oil from Europe where our valerian plants are grown organically using only manure as fertiliser.
OTHER ESSENTIAL OILS:
Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioides) is a tough, aromatic grass which belongs to the same botanical family as lemongrass, citronella and palmarosa. The essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from the roots. Vetiver has been appreciated for its calming properties since records began. We source our Vetiver from Haiti and Java.
Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum) is an aromatic herb with lush green leaves. The essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from the leaves and the flowering tops. Sweet Basil essential oil is commonly used in aromatherapy for its calming effect. We source our Sweet Basil from Europe and Egypt.
Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) is a biennial herb, native to the Mediterranean region. The essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of the buds and leaves. Clary Sage has been praised throughout history as a medicinal plant, particularly for its calming properties. We source our Clary Sage essential oil from France.