• Museum, guided 30 minute tour on raised walkway, hiking trails, Sublime Point and Piton Canot
• LOCATION: South-West of the island, Chamarel
• Itinerary: Meet at the Ebony Forest Reception( Service Provider details will be on your receipt)
• Operating Days: Every day
3 km – 6.1 km if you hike to Sublime Point or Piton Canot.
All ages, families, groups and couples. As Ebony Forest is located on a mountain slope, access by push- or wheel-chair to the raised walkway and hiking trails is limited. The Visitor Centre is accessible to wheel- and push- chair users. If you need assistance, please contact us for advice.
No restrictions. If you are a large group, please contact us in advance.
The hikes are graded easy, based on international standards. The hike up Piton Canot can be slippy when wet. The Flycatcher raised walkway is more than 4m in height so if you suffer from vertigo, please inform our staff in advance. There are 113 steps up and 142 down on the walkway, but you will hardly notice these on your guided tour.
1 – 4 hours, depending on if you hike up Piton Canot. You can stay the whole day as there is plenty to see and do. We recommend you visit before 3pm to fully appreciate your visit as we close at 17:00 (1st April – 31st October) and 17:30 (1st November – 31st March).
Food and drink:
Picnics are not allowed as we wish to limit the amount of potential rubbish. Snacks can be bought at Sublime Point and in our Shop. As part of our commitment to protecting the environment, we do not sell drinks in plastic bottles, but you can fill up your water bottle for free from our water fountain in our Shop.
• Validity: Voucher is valid for 60 days as from date of purchase
• Activities are still carried out under rain unless the safety is compromised & itinerary may change due to weather condition
How to make a reservation:
Once payment completed, Customer will receive a Payment Confirmation by email
Customer must call Service Provider to make reservation (Phone number on Payment Confirmation)
Your reservation is not finalized until payment is complete and your date and time slot is confirmed directly with Service Provider
Reservation date and time is Subject to availability and request should be made at least 48 hours in advance
The Service Provider reserves the right to refuse carrying out the activity to any guest if any medical problems are present
• Lateness: For late arrivals, the Service Provider may reduce their activity time (if applicable) or could apply a 100% cancellation fee
• Amendments: Once you have confirmed a date and time with Activity and/or Service, any amendments will need to be confirmed between yourself and the Service Provider directly
• No Show: If above Amendment Policy is not followed and if customer does not show up for reservation, 100% Cancellation Fee will apply
• Prices are the same for both Mauritian and Tourists. Adult Prices from 18 years old; Children rates are 5-17 years old.
• All Prices displayed on EcoMauritius.mu are inclusive of all taxes and service fees
• Booking invoice Receipt must be produced to the Service Provider before activity
• Guided tour on our 300 m raised walkway through an ancient ebony forest
• Savouring snacks at Sublime Point
Hike along the Ridgeline Trail
Museum about the island’s natural history
Support our ongoing conservation activities, just by visiting
• Access to self-guided hiking trails
• Film in English (6 mins) or French (8 mins) about the island’s wildlife
• Option to further contribute to saving endangered species and carbon offsetting by planting trees
We recommend that you should bring: sport shoes, sun screen, a reusable bottle of water, mosquito repellant
There are no reviews yet.