This honey is an exception in our range since it belongs to the ” Mixed flowers’’ category, meaning that the nectar is collected from multiple varieties of plants and flowers.
The Baobab honey is collected from the flowers of the Baobab tree
To find consistency in its taste cannot always be guaranteed
year after year. The desired flavour will depend on the plants constituting the
environment where the bees foraged, and
on the area where our Beekeeper Lari, whose objective is to find a consistent
taste in the final product, for the sake of fan of the Baobab honey who expect
to experience the initial flavour as when they first tried it
Highly prized by our chefs due to its capacity of reducing
the acidity of a sauce, baobab honey will take you on a journey through its
Message from Supplier:
– Despite our efforts to maintain an annual stock, we unfortunately depend on Mother Nature, we apologize in advance
– Honeys are *RAW organic and Monofloral except Baobab which is a subtle mix of the flower of the Baobab and that of a water lily that grows in ponds in the vicinity
– Our honeys are all certified under European Regulation.
– Same for the Monofloral certification via the Palynology Laboratory / Department of Plant Biology and Ecology at the University of Madagascar .
– Our Honey comes from the beekeeper Lari who invest in Madagascar in 2006 jointly with Malagasy Beekeeper.
– The extraction is done in Madagascar; Maturation (Important and sensitive step) and the filling is done in Mauritius, under Lari supervision.
– Our procedures and the follow up of the apiaries and all the steps to the finished products, are under the control of the Mauritius Standard Bureau through the HACCP certification.
– For National requirement reasons, our honeys have an expiration date of 2 years.
Worldwide Honey Regulation it’s 2 years. As a beekeeper and quality honey offered, we are committed ourselves as this result: Liquid honey 2 years , crystallized for life.
Raw honey should never be given to an infant
less than a year old.