- 3 hour hiking and nature + waterfalls visit and swim
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Itinerary: Meet at Henrietta, Centre of Island (Please see Package Details for more info)
- Food & Beverages:
- Light Snack Picnic (please advise for any food allergies / diet when booking with the Guide)
- Drinks: Juice and water
- Operating Days: Every day
- Children – Friendly: Fit children will enjoy this activity, only as from 12 years .
- Arrival & Welcoming Time:09:00
- Return Time: 12:30
- Meeting Point: Henrietta
- Level: Medium to Hard
• Validity: Voucher is valid for 60 days as from date of purchase
• Activities are still carried out under rain unless the safety is compromised & itinerary may change due to weather condition
• How to make a reservation:
Once payment completed, Customer will receive a Booking Confirmation by email
Customer must call Service Provider to make reservation (Phone number on Booking Confirmation)
Your reservation is not finalized until payment is complete and your date and time slot is confirmed directly with Service Provider
Reservation date and time is Subject to availability and request should be made at least 48 hours in advance
The Service Provider reserves the right to refuse carrying out the activity to any guest if any medical problems are present
For late arrivals, the Service Provider may reduce their activity time (if applicable) or could apply a 100% cancellation fee
Once you have confirmed a date and time with Activity and/or Service, any amendments will need to be confirmed between yourself and the Service Provider directly
• No Show:
If above Amendment Policy is not followed and if customer does not show up for reservation, 100% Cancellation Fee will apply
• Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival to benefit from the local price
Failure to do so will entitle the Service Provider to charge the current public rate or Tourist Rate
• All Prices displayed on EcoMauritius.mu are inclusive of all taxes and service fees
• Booking invoice Receipt must be produced to the Service Provider before activity
- 09:00 | Arrival, Meet & Welcome Time
- 09:15 – 12.30 | This hiking excursion is done under the experienced and professional guidance a top guide in Mauritius, and he generously shares his knowledge and passion for nature and his island. The trip is carried out with complete respect towards nature and preservation. The hike will be within one of the most beautiful places in Mauritius and you will appreciate the fauna and flora in a unique and rich experience. The hiking trip starts at 9am sharp, with a safety briefing. Then you will follow the trail discovering the first part of the Tamarind Falls canyon with flowers, plants and berries then enjoy the beautiful nature of the Tamarind nature reserve, seeing the famous beautiful Tamarind falls and then, after another steep descent you will arrive on the second plateau from where you can jump off the 7m high waterfall if you are brave. If you don’t want to jump, you will head down another steep path to go down to the third plateau. At the bottom of this water-fall you can take a refreshing swim in the cool, clear water.
- The skilled guide will be by your side all along to guarantee your safety and guide you through the best available paths. That is one of the reasons why it’s important to have a guide. The Tamarind Falls are really worth a visit!
- You will have a lovely, light picnic lunch and then hike back up- a lovely half day experience.
- GENERAL: Hiking in Mauritius: Being a volcanic island, Mauritius has several breathtaking summits and valleys to explore on foot. The island is famous for its natural beauty, breathtaking nature, beautiful birds, flora and coastlines and with many magnificent views and over 700 species of indigenous plants.
- Note: Not suitable for people with disabilities or are unfit
- We recommend that you should bring:
- backpack, swimsuit, change of clothes, sports shoes, sun screen, swimsuit, towel, mosquito and fly repellent, hat, camera, binoculars, a reusable cup and bottle of water ( please try not to use plastic bottles and cups) various protections (sun cream, insects’ repellent, warm clothes) and spare shoes